Frail care facilities are passionate about caring for elderly people. With age, some people experience degenerative conditions. This may lead to the need for special care every day. This is another reason a reputable frail care facility is important. Frail care includes help with daily activities such as bathing, eating, medication administration, and rehabilitation. These institutes also help patients with mental incapacity conditions like dementia and Alzheimer’s, to name a few.
Frail care facility cost and types
Frail care facilities are expensive but often necessary. Some facilities offer:
- Assisted living options
- Some retirement homes partner with frail care institutes (not on-site)
- Frail care staff on-site
- Some retirement villages offer a medical centre on-site to the residents
Ways to make sure that you are finding the right frail care facility for your senior loved one
Check information about the old-age home
- How is their operation?
- How old is the establishment
- Do they have a good reputation?
Check the staff out
- Are they happy and taken care of? (happy nursing staff are good to their patients)
- Are they trained in what they do?
- What are the criteria when they employ new staff (do they do a background check?)
- Spend time in the facility to see how they are with the patients
- What nurses do they have (registered nurses, staff nurses, auxiliary nurses, and care workers)
How many staff is there to the number of residents at the facility?
- Are they understaffed? Understaffing may lead to poor management and service to the residents
- More staff to patient ratio means better care
The general hygiene of the facility
- Is the frail care facility clean?
- Do they keep the kitchen and pantry clean?
Meals and dietary
- Discuss any dietary options and specifications of your loved one
- Do they supply good meals (eating well supports good health)
The overall atmosphere of the facility and safety
- Is there good security in the place?
- Are the environment and atmosphere that of a happy and warm nature?
- Are there places for the residents to enjoy nature and go for walks?
- Are there stimulating activities to uplift patients’ mood?
Legal regulations and finances
- Ask about how they apply an increase and how many have there been to date (this will help with your budget planning)
- What is included in the fee and what isn’t?
- Take time to read over the terms and conditions of the frail care facility (read it at your home)
- If you have a legal advisor, check with them on certain clause regarding lease termination and other legal factors
Are you looking for a frail care facility for your loved one? Brooklyn Care provides the best in frail care needs.
FAQ: Choosing the right Frail Care Facility
What should I look for when choosing a nursing home?
-Visit the facility
-Are the staff good to patients
-Read the contract carefully
How do I choose an assisted living community?
Choose a frail care facility that is close to your home so it will be easy to visit your family member
What makes a great nursing home?
Make sure its a safe and clean environment for the patient that is entering the frail care
How much does frail care cost?
from R17 900
What should you look for in long term care?
-Look for the best option for your family member
-Compare your options to all frail care facilities in the area
-Read the fine print in the contract